We are delighted that you wish to become a member of Waterside Green Energy Ltd. When you complete this form, you are applying to become a member of a charitable cooperative committed to benefitting the lives of people living and working in the Huntingdonshire area. The Society is owned and controlled by its members. As a member you will pay a subscription of £1 which entitles you to:
- become shareholder and own 1 share in the company for 5 years (renewable).
- attend and vote on decisions at any member’s meetings
- appoint the Board at AGMs
- invest in the community green energy generation projects that the company sets up
The objects of the Society are to:
(a) advance the education of the public in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment by promoting the generation and use of sustainable green energy in such ways the board think fit, including but not limited to:
- (i) researching the suitability of renewable energy sources and associated technology on behalf of the community
- (ii) reducing the community’s carbon footprint, dependence on fossil fuels and encouraging local ownership of green energy generatio
- (iii) providing funds for community green energy projects and establishing a Community Fund to enhance the quality of life for those who live and work in the community.
(b) relieve and prevent financial hardship and fuel poverty in Huntingdonshire by providing grants, items and services to individuals in need, charities and other organisations working to relieve poverty.
All decisions about membership are made by The Board whose decision is final. Members must be over 16 and support the objects of The Society. A register of members will be kept by The Secretary of The Society.
You will be informed by The Board if your membership has been accepted at the next Board meeting and, if so, be sent a copy of The Rules of the organisation.