What do we stand for?
We are committed to the following actions to which any profits from the sale of electricity will be put.
- Setting up a community fund which will source grants for those suffering from fuel poverty or inadequate insulation in their homes.
- We will work with housing associations, homeowners and private landlords to achieve this.
Investing in further community initiatives to:
- generate electricity from sustainable resources
- store and use electricity generated locally
- encourage smarter energy management and saving
- lessen dependency on fossil fuels, and
- reduce carbon footprints.
We will work with our local authorities, charities and government agencies to achieve this.
We are committed to:
- inform the community of our initiatives and the resultant carbon emission savings. We will use our website, press and media releases and social media to achieve this, and
- enable our young people to take hold of the decarbonisation agenda to reduce carbon emissions in their own lives and others with whom they communicate. We will set up a working group with young people to formulate the best way of doing this.